Following a long period of closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on 15th JUNE 2020 we are opening our clinic doors again. The decision to do so followed guidance from the government, Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association. In order to protect the welfare of our patients, staff and the wider community, we undertook a thorough risk assessment. After implementing strategies, we believe we have successfully reduced all controllable factors to “low risk” and so made the decision to re-open.
View the full risk assessment for details on how we intend to mitigate the risk of infection.
For a shortened summary of the changes we are making see below:
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 infection risk by a questionnaire or by phone before they attend. All new bookings will be screened and offered a Telehealth option.
- There will only be one practitioner and one patient on-site at any one time, we ask that no other friends or family attend unless absolutely necessary
- Patients will be asked to wait for their appointment outside the pharmacy doors and your practitioner will come and collect you.
- We will ask all patients to sanitise their hands-on entry to the treatment room and when they leave.
- Patients will pay for their appointment in the treatment room with their Chiropractor using card, no cash.
- Patients temperature may be taken before treatment.
The practitioner will be wearing a mask, single-use gloves and aprons (PPE) and will have sanitised all surfaces before the patient enters the treatment room. If the patient or practitioner prefers, the practitioner will also use a visor.
- Patients are advised to come wearing either their own face mask or the clinic can provide a 3 ply disposable surgical mask for £1.
- Patients will not get changed before their appointment so please come wearing comfortable clothing. No fabric towels or bench covers will be used. Only disposable tissues and wipe-clean materials.
- There may be some changes to treatment, for example, massage techniques may not be suitable as the practitioner will be using gloves and the risk of cross-contamination via creams and massage bottles is higher.
- The practitioner will then wipe down all treatment room surfaces, change and dispose of their single-use PPE into special clinical waste bins.
- At the end of a morning or afternoon shift, the entire clinic will undergo a deep clean and ventilation by the practitioner.
- The first hour of each morning or afternoon will be reserved for patients who are deemed at higher risk of COVID 19 complications as these are deemed the lowest risk times of day (following a deep clean of the clinic from the previous shift)
- Members of staff will have separate work clothes which they will change into when they arrive to work. They will then change out of these clothes before they leave work.
- There are Public Health England posters all around clinic re-iterating how to minimise infection risk.
Thank you for your understanding these changes and we appreciate your support in maintaining high hygiene standards.
What do we treat?
Exceptional Service, Exceptional Care
Conditions commonly treated at the Wimbledon Chiropractic Clinic include:
Karen Waddington Principle Chiropractor